The schedule for Sunday is now online. You want to look at the tabs “Girls Bracket [Sun]” and “Boys Bracket [Sun]”.
Please take a minute to look over the schedule, in detail, and make 100% sure you know where your team needs to be at what time tomorrow.
Please let Josh know ASAP if you see any issues by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The trainer for today is Janet and she can be reached on her cell phone at 774-286-9120.
Immediately after each of your games, please text in your game score, along with an image of your spirit score sheet, to Karin at 617-797-5627.
Here are a few phone numbers that may prove to be useful this weekend:
- Tournament Director: Josh Seamon (802.748.9857)
- Boys TD: Anna Hall (802.922.2660)
- Girls TD: Kate Desrochers (443.889.4396)
- Scorekeeper: Karin Eichelman (617.797.5627)
- Volunteer Director: Eliot Levine (413.320.9508)
- Local Parent Support: Paul Jahnige (413.658.8810)
- Trainer1: Mieka Davis, ATC,CMT (508.277.4156)
- Trainer2: Janet Kennedy, M.Ed, LAT, ATC (781.214.6249)
At check in, each team will receive their team box.
Please make sure you return the box! (We reuse them each year.)
Also, it would be helpful if you could make sure the box is, at least, relatively clean when you turn it back in.
The following teams have at least one outstanding issue to clean up on their event roster. The issue could be an unsigned waiver or unpaid USAU membership dues. Please fix these issues before checking in on Saturday morning.
Team (Division) [# of personnel with roster issues]
- Amherst Regional (Boys) 
- Amherst Regional (JVA) (Girls) 
- Burlington (Boys) 
- Burlington High School (Girls) 
- Camp Ramah Berkshires (Boys) 
- Cape Elizabeth (Girls) 
- Cape Elizabeth (Boys) 
- Essex High School (Boys) 
- Falmouth HS Boys JV (Boys) 
- Falmouth HS Boys Varsity (Boys) 
- Four Rivers Charter School (Girls) 
- Greely (Boys) 
- John Jay High School (Boys) 
- Lexington (Boys) 
- Longmeadow High School (Girls) 
- Longmeadow High School (Boys) 
- Montpelier (Girls) 
- Montreal (Girls) 
- Montreal Titane (Girls) 
- Needham (Boys) 
- Northampton (Girls) 
- Somerville High School (Girls) 
- The Beacon School (Girls) 
- West Windsor Plainsboro North (Girls) 
- West Windsor Plainsboro South (Girls) 
- West Windsor-Plainsboro HS North (Boys) 
1) What’s in the team boxes?
6 apples, 8 bananas, loaf of bread, pound of peanut butter, pound of Nutella, clamshell of baked brownie bites, big bag of pretzels, bag of Twizzlers
2) What food will be available at tourney central during the day for free?
Sandwiches (PBJ nutella), bagels & cream cheese, apples, bananas, watermelon slices, lemonade, gatorade
3) Will food be available for sale?
Yes, at least one food truck will be present. Menus will be posted as soon as we have them.
This just in from Tiina Booth:
Come and watch ZooDisc take on a team of All-Stars assembled by our coach, Russell Wallack, in an Ultimate under the lights showcase!
The game will be at McGuirk Alumni Stadium at UMass on Friday May 19th from 7-9PM! Tell your friends and family! Admission is free for this elite showcase of ultimate talent!
The game is sure to be amazing! Come cheer on some unreal Ultimate and support UMass in the week leading up to their trip out to Nationals! You can learn more about the game on the Facebook Event page.
All teams must check in at tournament central on Saturday — by 7:40am if you’re playing in the first round and by 9:20am if you have a first round bye. Here’s what we’ll be checking:
- Is your tournament fee paid?
- Is your dinner fee paid?
- Do you have any players on your roster that are not cleared to play? (Player fee, waiver)
- Please remove players from your roster that will NOT be at the event!
- Can you show us your team’s medical authorization forms?
We will also be collecting a $100 check from each team at check in. The check will be returned on Sunday once your team has submitted a spirit score sheet for every game played. Checks should be made out to “Ultimate Good” and your team’s name and division should be written in the memo field of the check.
Please note that all of the above items must be taken care of before your team will be allowed to start playing.
At checkin your teams will receive dinner tickets (if purchased) and a tournament information packet that will include a program as well as spirit score sheets for each game.
You can check the status of your team’s paperwork on the Team Status page. All teams must check in even if they have submitted all requisite paperwork!
Interested on what it takes to host the PVI2017? Check out this dispatch from Eliot Levine, Volunteer Director:
The tournament schedule has been finalized and can be viewed online right here.
7:00am: Gates open up at the Oxbow. Please do not show up before 7am.
7 to 7:40am: Check in for all teams that are playing during the 1st round
7:45 to 8:00am: Captain’s meeting for all teams that are playing during the 1st round
8:30am: Round 1 begins
9:30 to 9:45am: Captain’s meeting for all teams that have a 1st round bye
4:15 to 7:30pm: Showers open at Northampton High School (NHS)
4:45pm: Hard cap on round 5
5:30 to 7:30pm: Dinner is served at NHS
6 to 9:30pm: Dance, music, and social time fun at NHS!
7:30am: Gates open up at the Oxbow. Please do not show up before 7:30am.
8:30am: Round 1 begins
3:00pm: Hard cap on last round of GIRLS division games
3:30pm: GIRLS division awards ceremony
4:45pm: Hard cap on the last round of BOYS division games
5:15pm: BOYS division awards ceremony
Please make sure you take a look at the Team Status page and that you complete any outstanding tasks ASAP.
As of 11pm on 5/14, the following teams are NOT yet cleared to play:
- Somverville (Girls) [Blank roster]
The following teams are provisionally cleared to play:
- Columbia JV (Boys) [Check]
- Lexington JV (Boys) [Check]
- Lexington V (Boys) [Check]
- Sharon (Boys) [Check]
- Beacon X (Girls) [Need more cleared players]
- Beacon Y (Girls) [Need more cleared players]
- Berkshires (Boys) [Need more cleared players]
At this point, if your dinner check is not yet in the mail, please do NOT mail it. Hand it off to us during team registration on Saturday morning. Here’s what teams currently owe for dinner:
- Northampton V (Girls) – $287.50
- Montpelier (Boys) – $250
- Northampton V (Boys) – $250
- Needham A (Boys) – $237.50
- Falmouth A (Boys) – $225
- Falmouth (Girls) – $200
- Falmouth B (Boys) – $200
- Beacon Y (Girls) – $162.50
- Beacon X (Girls) – $150
All teams playing in the first round must check in at tournament central by 7:40am on Saturday. Teams with a first round bye must check in by 9:30am on Saturday. During check in, every team must take care of any outstanding paperwork they may have. We will check:
- Un-cleared players on your roster: Please delete them!
- Note: If you play with unrostered players, your team will be ejected from the tournament.
- Your tourney fee
- Your medical authorization forms — Just show us that you have them.
- $100 check made out to “Ultimate Good” which will be kept as a deposit until you return your last spirit score sheet on Sunday. At that point we will give you back your check.
And now on to what you’ve been waiting for… the tournament schedule!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SCHEDULE HAS NOT YET BEEN FINALIZED.
Girls Division (21 teams):
- There are three pools of 5 (A, B, and C) and two pools of 3 (D and E). All teams in each pool play every other team in their pool. At that point the teams in pools A, B, and C are re-ranked. Pools D and E have then have a crossover semis and final, along with 3/4 and 5/6 games to determine 1st through 6th in the “DE” pool of 6.
- The top 2 teams in each pool (A, B, C, and DE) advance to the championship bracket.
- The 3rd and 4th place teams in each pool advance to the 9th-place bracket.
- The 5th place teams in pools A, B, and C, along with the 5th and 6th place teams in pool “DE” play a partial round robin consolation.
Boys Division (38 teams):
- The top 8 teams are in pools A and B. Teams 9 through 38 are in pools C through J. Each pool has 4 teams except I and J which have 3 teams. After pool play teams are re-reranked. (Pools I and J have a crossover.)
- The teams that finish in the top of the pools in pools C through J play crossover games with teams in pools A and B. The winners of those games inherit the higher ranked position of the two teams. (This allows a team not initially ranked in the top 8 to jump into the top 8.)
- The top 8 teams play in the championship bracket.
- The top two finishers in pools C through J play in the 9th-place bracket.
- The third place finishers in pools C through J play in the 25th place bracket.
- The fourth place finishers in pools C through H play a partial round robin consolation.
Click here to view the schedule. Please remember, it is NOT yet finalized.
The schedule will be finalized by 8pm on Monday, 5/15. Please send in comments by then!
A personal plea from Josh: Please look over the schedule in detail and let him know ASAP if you see any issues. He can be reached at email@example.com.