There are currently 18 girls teams and 31 boys teams signed up for the 2022 Pioneer Valley Invitational and there’s still a little time to join the fun!


There are currently 18 girls teams and 31 boys teams signed up for the 2022 Pioneer Valley Invitational and there’s still a little time to join the fun!


The bids are rolling in to the PVI2022! 16 girls teams and 30 boys teams so far!
Remember, that your spot is not confirmed until your bid fee arrives.
Everyone’s payment status is listed below.
Also, the PVI2022 is now online in the USAU rostering system:

Please make sure you are familiar with the paperwork and online rostering that needs to be done well in advance so that we can run a safe, fun, and organized event!
– Josh
Team Status page


VC Ultimate is our official apparel partner for PVI2022, as well as the world’s most inclusive community supporter. VC designs and produces ultimate uniforms of the highest quality, and manufactures in Canada using recycled fabrics. Please consider VC when making your team’s uniform decisions this year!
Contact info@vcultimate.com today!
– The VC Team
And in related news… 5 girls teams and 13 boys teams spanning 5 states and Canada have already submitted bids!
Submit yours today @ PVInvite.org!

The Pioneer Valley Invite is BACK!
Mark your calendar! The fun returns on May 14th and 15th, 2022!
Bid application and full info will be released soon!
Stay tuned.
After living through the last 10 months, there is nothing we want more than to be able to see you all again at the Oxbow this spring. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 that will not be possible.
We are therefore making the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Pioneer Valley Invitational.
Even if all metrics go in the right direction, there is no way it will be safe to bring together 2,000 people for a weekend of spirited competition.
While we are sad to not be running the PVI again this year, we are already carefully thinking about plans for 2022, as well as how we can best support the ultimate community in the coming months.
Stay safe and keep your spirits up until the next time we see you!
Buffy wanted me to pass this on to all of you:
Hi! The sun is out and I am here at the Oxbow watching over all of the fields for you. My happy place is right here, with all of you, and I can’t wait to see you all next year!
So much changes from year to year (me for example!) but so much stays the same like… my overall fluff and your overall awesome.
Ready and waiting for your return,
– Buffy

Hello everyone,
We hope this message finds you healthy and in good spirits.
While we were hanging onto the hope that holding the PVI this year would somehow be possible, we have come to the conclusion that it is not.
It is with extraordinary sadness that we announce the cancellation of PVI2020.
Please fill out the refund info form and we will return all unspent funds to each team.
Our hope is that this is a mere timeout in the spring magic we all create together each year at the PVI. In addition to already working on the planning of the PVI2021, the TD team will explore holding an event later in 2020 if it becomes feasible. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
We look forward to the time when we are all playing ultimate again.
Stay safe,
Hello everyone,
Pulling off the PVI is a big lift even in the best of times, but one that is thoroughly rewarding each and every year. As always, the TD team is focused on best serving all of you. Times are certainly in flux and the TD team has been hard at work peering into the future as best we can.
Like was the case when we sent out our last update, the PVI2020 is still on as planned. That being said there is a real chance that the event will be postponed, modified, or cancelled.
We are continuing to monitor the situation closely. We are heeding the advice and mandates of medical professionals, the federal government, the MA governor, the Northampton authorities, and USAU.
We have not spent any more money on PVI preparation. Any team that drops will still receive a refund of ~80% of their bid fee.
Understandably, some teams have dropped, so if PVI2020 does take place, it will likely be a smaller event than originally planned.
If your team does need to drop, please fill out this form.
We will continue to update you regularly with any planned changes. We won’t make any changes without notifying you first and giving you a chance to respond and drop if needed.
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Hello everyone,
In the tumult of these unprecedented days I have been buoyed by the strength, resilience, tenacity, and love of the ultimate community. We may not have a clear picture of what’s to come, but one thing is certain: the brilliance that is the ultimate community will never fade even though it might currently be socially distant.
The PVI2020 is still on as planned but given the situation there is a real chance that it will be postponed or cancelled.
The Tournament Director team is currently working on a variety of options that could happen in lieu of the full event on the planned weekend. We are considering all options but will not be making determinations until there is more clarity.
We also fully recognize that some of you may already be in situations where you need to withdraw from the event. If that is the case, please fill out the withdrawal form and we will process your refund ASAP.
Presently, we project we will be able to refund approximately 80% of the amount each team has submitted. We regret that we cannot refund 100% of the bid fee but we have already incurred many thousands of dollars in expenses. At this point we are not spending any more money.
We will keep you regularly updated.
Please let me know if you have any questions.